The Service Central Programme and Platform Planner role is to work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the programme are defined. The planner provides clarity on key milestones to define what, when and how activities will be organised to ensure the outcomes of a project can be achieved, with the resources available. They lead on all aspects of programme and platform planning, which will include the development, updating and monitoring of plans and schedules. They identify tasks, activities, interdependencies between multiple projects within the programme and outputs for the project and work with the programme team to track and monitor progress against the plan throughout the life of the project.
• Delivery & Leadership – Provide visible and effective leadership, lead the planning team and work with the project managers to deliver the business case benefits and outcomes. Develop clear vision and standards and champion the use of best practice project planning standards, tools and processes. Build strong networks both internally and externally.
• Programme and Platform Planning – Develop and maintain plans and schedules for the Portfolio and its contained Programmes and Projects. Develop fully resourced and costed Programme/ Platform plans using data provided by the Service Central teams. Maintain plans and schedules of reporting. Monitor progress and refine plans and schedules, implementing change and configuration control systems as appropriate. Identify and monitor interdependencies within the Programme and contained plans. Perform critical path analysis and trend forecasts.
• Resources – Identify future capacity and capability needs of the projects within the Programme and support the implementation of strategies to meet them.
• Stakeholder Management – Build and maintain external networks to access technical and professional best practice.
• Programme Performance & Controls – Provide progress reports to each Programme Manager, to include performance and schedule information. Analyse performance data, looking at trends to identify areas for improvement and collaboration, and selecting appropriate methods and tools to resolve them.
• Guidance & Support – Provide specialist advice and support to ensure successful planning and delivery of projects within the programme to enable successful delivery of the overall programme. Build planning capability.