Becoming an End to End Architect with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract as an End to End Architect based in Manchester or London with partial remote working available. The E2E Architect Role requires an experienced Architect to develop, maintain and present the evolving end to end architecture of Smart DCCs Smart Metering Infrastructure. The E2E Architect is a leader for DCC’s most critical projects or services. A technologist at-heart, passionate about planning and building compelling services and products. The E2E Architect will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate understanding through effective and rapid delivery. The choices made by the E2E Architect make will define the fitness for purpose of DCC’s IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
What you’ll be doing:
· Being able to address and integrate the Business Process, Data, Application within the aspects of a large state backed IT Solution.
· Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the templates, standard tooling and conforms to standards.
· Ownership of the end-to-end technical architecture, providing technical leadership to other domain architects (applications, data, infrastructure, security, service) to ensure overall cohesion
· Coordinate a large team of third-party qualified architects to achieve the requested throuput of deliverables and products
· Ownership of key programme technical design artefacts – High Level Designs and Interface Specifications
· Responsible for all technical content within the Programme Design Authority
· Working alongside the Programme’s leadership and Functional Lead to engage with senior stakeholders to present and discuss the solution design, including taking the lead on challenges to the design from those stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
About Smart DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We’ve built the secure infrastructure that’s supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it’s a truly exciting time to join us. You’ll be part of a team that’s supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We’re directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.