Becoming a Procurement Manager with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months day rate contract as a Procurement Manager based in either London or Manchester with significant remote working options. The Procurement Manager will be working across exciting and innovative projects and programmes delivering a strategic, efficient and flexible procurement service which will provide Value for Money and ensure high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
· Leading strategic procurement projects across a variety of categories, predominately technology, IT and telecommunications services but also professional services and HR, in accordance with the DCC procurement strategy
· Creating strategic sourcing strategies and conducting market engagement and market intelligence reports
· Creating and managing relationships with DCC suppliers and supporting complex negotiations
· Maintaining the schedule of and plans for procurements and writing and editing tender documents
· Driving and optimising a robust process to deliver the required outcomes whilst protecting DCC commercially
· Creating and maintaining audit trails for procurements and ensuring that all sourcing is carried out in accordance with the DCC license obligations
What we’re looking for:
About Smart DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We’ve built the secure infrastructure that’s supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it’s a truly exciting time to join us. You’ll be part of a team that’s supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We’re directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.