At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
As part of the HMRC Data Transformation Directorate, the Unique customer record programme is working on the creation of a reliable single view of a taxpayer’s dealings with HMRC.
Your role is to understand and analyse user and business needs. You will ensure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models and delivering to the business architecture. You’ll challenge constructively and behave like a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for facilitating collaboration and leading effective communication with internal and external stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
We are looking for a highly driven people with broad experience in programme and project management, together with an understanding of change delivery methodologies and practices; someone who enjoys working within a team and will thrive in a supportive and welcoming environment.
You will champion the Project Delivery Profession. You will be working in an environment that requires flexibility, so the ability to juggle often time-sensitive priorities is essential to being successful.
Occasional travel and overnight stays may be required as part of this role.
• Requirement gathering – Drive and document the research and gathering of business requirements against those articulated for the project determining the need and value of performing the activity based on the context. Gain sign-off from internal and external stakeholders and other government departments against documented requirements and any changes to these requirements or any delivery timelines.
• Gap Analysis – Evaluate requirements, finding opportunities to develop successful business requirements needed to make the transition.
• Impact Analysis – Analyse the potential consequences of a change, identifying and documenting any risks, issues and dependencies and estimate what needs to be modified to accomplish delivery.
• Benefit Analysis – Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of identified benefits analysis and lead on identifying business-related actions that will assist with project delivery.
• Stakeholder management and engagement – Engage with business owners, business change lead sand users to ensure delivery of common purpose.
• Facilitation – Work with business owners and business users to identify needs.
• System Analysis – Coordinate systems analysis making sure business needs are translated into solutions against identified time lines and the technical solutions.
• Assurance and Quality – Apply recognised methodologies, audit test and quality gates.
• Business Improvement – Work with Business Improvement teams and the identification of BAU enhancements and solutions to ensure that defined project benefits are delivered.
• Business Solution Design – Engage with policy and strategy to ensure business systems, workflows and processes align to target operating model.
• Delivery Products Tools and Documentation – Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process by producing/assisting with: frameworks; application of methodologies; operating model; functional specification; user cases; user stories; UAT plans and strategy; entry/exit and /or no/no go criteria; defect analysis; forms and templates; guidance; business case.
• Proven track record of working in a complex, fast-paced project/Programme environment.
• Ability to assess and agree requirements to ensure clear objectives which are articulated for the project and stakeholders in non-technical language aligned to the project scope/delivery.
• Experience in Process modelling to employ a range of tools and techniques to map ‘As-Is’ and To-Be’ business processes.
• Experience in Gap Analysis to evaluate requirements
• Experience Agile/Waterfall Project management environment in a Business Analyst role.
• Engage, motivate and mentor others. To act as a role model and encourage and empower others.
• Establish and develop positive relationships, bringing people together to benefit the project/programme.
• Adapt to changing circumstances and adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others and maintaining performance.