HMRC is looking for a Technical Business Analyst - Contract
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract INSIDE IR35
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Telford, Shipley or Leeds, if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
You will work with the Product Manager as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide effective and accurate analysis, identify risks and produce project lifecycles using Business Analysis standards.
You will take on complex, high profile projects, which can have many complexities, multiple integrated systems and multiple stakeholders across several departments needing to be blended into the end-to-end solution.
• Proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team’s plans and objectives are achieved.
• Excellent requirements gathering skills.
• Developing services by contributing code and testing technologies.
• Analysing solution design documents to agree detailed functional and technical specifications and plans.
• Identifying and analysing problems, risks and issues that may affect the successful adoption of the service.
• Analyse, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets.
• Assess and evaluate risk.
• Conducting Gap Analysis and Systems Analysis.
• Modelling skills such as UML/Use Case knowledge.
• API’s/Schema/Data sets.
• Keep knowledge and skills up-to-date and maintain an awareness of industry developments.
• Enterprise Architecture modelling (such as OpenText Provision); and
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
• JSON schemas (draft-04 to draft-07),
• Excellent level of business understanding and business analysis skills.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• A high level of commercial awareness.
• Proven capability of managing/delivering solutions on time, to budget and to a high level of quality.
• A highly structured and organised approach to working.
• Ability to work both individually and as an effective team member; and
• Ability to think on your feet and show initiative.