Becoming a Project Manager with Smart DCC:
A fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract as a Project Manager with Smart DCC. The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful start-up, initiation, delivery and closing of projects, applying appropriate knowledge, skills, tools, techniques and practice at each stage and with effective stakeholder management throughout.
What you’ll be doing:
· Start-up - establishing the outline business case for carrying out the work; putting in place the project management team to deliver the work; and defining the right approach for meeting the projects target outcomes.
· Initiation - confirming the business justification for the project through a detailed business case; setting up the project’s controls and reporting mechanisms; and defining project delivery roles and nominating role holders.
· Delivery – Working within a regulatory framework assigning, monitoring and delivering work packages required to achieve the projects outcomes; regular progress reporting at project, programme, DCC and external governance forums; taking corrective actions where necessary to ensure delivery remains within tolerances; and confirmation of continued business justification and acceptance of risks.
· Closure - preparing the project for formal closure; handing over the project’s products to the business as usual; and evaluating the project’s performance, recording lessons learnt, and disseminating learnings back in to the project and programme delivery community.
· Engagement – actively engage internal teams, senior management, third party suppliers, industry and Government departments. In doing so, they will demonstrate an ability to manage and influence these stakeholder groups whilst adhering to the appropriate level of governance required to deliver the project / programme.
What we’re looking for:
· Experience in the Smart Meter or Utilities industry or working within a heavily regulated environment
· Good experience working in matrix management
· Extensive experience working with PM methodologies, (Prince 2, PMP, PMI)
· Experience working on transition and transformation projects
· Experience working on Procurement focused projects
About Smart DCC:
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We’ve built the secure infrastructure that’s supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it’s a truly exciting time to join us. You’ll be part of a team that’s supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We’re directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working options are available for this role
You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.