Brandpie is an exciting and dynamic creative consultancy with a diverse and highly experienced team located across Europe and North America (London, Berlin, Paris, New York, Toronto). We are world leaders in purpose-led transformation and work with some of the world's largest companies to help them grow their businesses through a unique, strategic blend of brand, culture and experience.
We pride ourselves in working in a smart, friendly and co-operative way that respects everyone’s time and is understanding of that fact that work, however important, is just one part of your life. Our culture aspires to be creative and nurturing, with open, transparent communication. We’re a diverse and strategic bunch, with a mix of doers and thinkers, and looking for someone who’s like-minded and pragmatic to help us deliver some great work.
At Brandpie everyone is trusted to take ownership of their own work and given significant responsibilities from day one. All leaders are hands-on with clients and projects, and everyone contributes to delivering projects. You’ll find this ability to work in partnership with senior leaders across the business will help your development and provide you with constant mentoring and learning experiences beyond your day-to-day.
We’re looking for an experienced, versatile and creative front-end developer to join our growing Digital team. Alongside the CTO, you will be asked to lead the front-end delivery of client and internal projects. Building a range of digital experiences for clients, but primarily focusing on websites and related digital marcomms. You’ll be working with our team of visual designers, strategists, copywriters and highly experienced leadership team to create world-class solutions for our global clients.
As a key member of the growing Digital team, we’re looking for a team player who will work with the founding members to lead projects but also help develop and grow our vision of the business. Helping us deliver ever better experiences for clients but also evolve our own processes and approaches. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about technology and creativity, who wants to be focused and active in development but looking to grow responsibility and wider experience in a small team.
You should have a minimum of 5 years' experience with a background working within a creative, design-orientated environment (such as a creative agency) and be comfortable leading the technical aspects of a project to deliver a high-quality solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Work hands-on with the development of world-class digital solutions for our clients and in-house projects
- Work alongside the CTO to evolve our technical approaches and processes
- Take a lead in our small but nimble team
- Work alongside our UX, UI, strategy and visual design teams on a wide range of client projects
- Actively participate in the scoping and planning of projects. Providing technical answers to solve client problems
- Be a thought leader in front-end technologies and processes. Inspiring others across the business
Skills you’ll need:
- Have a proven history of building world-class responsive websites and web applications. Ideally from small scale through to complex projects
- Have excellent knowledge of web animation techniques (CSS, Anime, GreenSock, etc)
- Experience developing for templated CMS solutions using Twig and similar language – specific experience in Craft CMS and WordPress is an advantage
- Experienced with front-end tooling, including writing custom automation tasks for Gulp
- Proficient with the GIT and its related tooling (branching flow, CLI commands etc.)
- Be confident working with modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Be familiar in user-centred design and development methodologies
- Have strong communication skills with technical team but importantly, non-technical team members and clients
- Have a collaborative spirit and make a point of listening to different perspectives with an open-minded approach
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles, accessibility (WAI AA+) and typical related considerations
- Comfortable working in hybrid project processes; Waterfall, Agile and Lean
- Fluent in English with a strong command of the language, both written and spoken
Skills that are nice to have:
- Be familiar with JamStack concepts
- Experience in Node.js / React.js environments and development
- Experience in development of 3D experiences (e.g. ThreeJS, etc.)
- Experience with design systems and tooling (e.g. StoryBook)
- Team player: You love to generate fresh thinking and work with others, whether you are 1-1 or rolling your sleeves up with the broader team, you do your part to contribute to the creation of brilliant ideas and experiences
- Pragmatic: You are comfortable taking trade-offs of using different engineering solutions to a problem, favouring pragmatism over idealism
- A self-starter: You’re comfortable working in a small team and taking the initiative to help drive projects forward. Even if this sometimes means you need to do something that’s not always expected from your role
- Clear communicator: You have strong communication skills and are comfortable working remotely and independently with the ability to collaborate successfully when working virtually
- Passionate: You are excited and passionate about digital technologies and the opportunities they can offer. Keeping up with the latest trends, new technologies and processes to enhance our capabilities as a business
- Detail-oriented: You have good organisational skills and a methodical approach. Comfortable managing multiple projects at once while maintaining necessary attention to detail with each project