HMRC is looking for a Product Manager – Contract - Leeds/ Bristol/ Telford
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract INSIDE IR35
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Leeds, Bristol or Telford if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
Working closely with the Head of Product and Project Manager for the proof of concept and see this work through to implementation. You will manage a subset of features or components of a product, as part of a new product implementation to enhance our integration platforms. You will develop a good understanding of strategic needs and dependencies in HMRC, interpreting them and ensuring designed Products have the technological capabilities to support them. You will make decisions on priorities to ensure key project deliverables are achieved.
This role is an exciting opportunity suited to someone who is proactive and hardworking, has recent experience in a similar role and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
· Developing a good understanding of HMRC’s strategic needs and dependencies;
· Ensuring our integration platform has the appropriate technological capabilities;
· Producing a prioritised Product roadmap;
· Ensuring consistent and high-quality delivery on your team, in line with strategic goals of HMRC, CDIO and EIS;
· Maintaining a good understanding of emerging issues, impacts and changes, clearly and appropriately communicating relevant information to colleagues and stakeholders;
· Working collaboratively with others to manage Product inter-dependencies;
· Playing an active part in the Product Manager Community of Practice, sharing knowledge and best practice; and
· Championing and mentoring colleagues.
· Strong previous experience in Product Management roles
· Investigating patterns and trends to resolve problems and determine appropriate solutions and preventative measures;
· Identifying user needs and engaging with users and business partners to collate relevant evidence to support these;
· Articulating issues concisely, clearly and appropriately for the audience, so context and content are understood; and
· Using quantitative and qualitative data to effectively prioritise and focus work to deliver successful outcomes.
· Good understanding of Agile methodologies and principles;
· Familiarity with cloud technologies and modern open-source software;
· Certified Product Owner or equivalent qualifications