Role will be initially working from Home
• The Agile Coach will accelerate our pace of innovation and improve the speed at which we can introduce new products and new capabilities into and across markets
• The role would be suited to an experienced Agile Coach who is looking to join the growing team as they assist in the exciting transformation journey that GSK Consumer Healthcare are undertaking.
• The Agile Coach would be responsible for helping to build, lead and retain an in-house knowledge of Agile practices.
• The Agile Coach will be an SME in all matters Agile and will be a confident advocate for Agile best working practices and principles.
In this role you will:
• Guiding teams and projects on Agile/Scrum practices and values.
• Responsible for promoting and ensuring consistent standards/ monitoring/ ways of working are adopted across all scrum teams.
• Coaching in all core Scrum events (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives).
• Responsible for providing regular updates on progress to relevant stakeholders (incl. Project Management, Product Owners).
• Coaching to enable agile/ scrum teams to represent themselves at project update / review meetings.
• Coaching to enable agile/ scrum teams to remove team impediments/ blockers or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to liaise with.
• Coaching the agile/ scrum teams to support and educate Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining product backlogs.
• Coach the agile/ scrum teams to become responsible for their throughput (Velocity).
• Provide Agile training sessions and teach valuable skills. Provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles.
• Educate at all levels, including senior and executives, on Agile principles and values.
• Facilitate teams on the identification and definition of OKRs and KPIs that help set and assess business value delivered by the transformation.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Proven experience as a Agile coach for Software Development teams that have applied Scrum principles and practices.
• Ability to adapt and innovate.
• Experience of working in agile projects using Scrum.
• Experienced at facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Strong knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques within the Scrum approach
• Good experience of JIRA (setting up Jira projects, dashboards, various burndown charts) and Confluence.
• Previous experience of team leadership would be beneficial.
• First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I). Ideally Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II).