We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Leeds or Bristol, if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
As a DevOps Support Engineer, you will support production and configuration to SDES services, applications and platforms, in line with the HMRC standard governance and processes for Live Service support. 24 x 7 support may be a future requirement.
As the successful candidate, you will be self-motivated, a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills and have a proven commitment to continuous improvement in self and others. You will have good troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of Cloud concepts and environments.
You will work closely with and be a first point of contact for Platforms teams, Service Management, other HMRC teams and third-party service providers, in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
This is an exciting opportunity suited to someone who is proactive and enthusiastic, is comfortable taking the lead on issues, has recent experience in a similar role and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Incident and problem resolution/management, providing 1st/2nd line technical support.
· Managing and provisioning AWS platform components and associated toolsets
· Performing platform level operations (starting/stopping services, load balancer re-routing, etc.)
· Managing/Configuring of Production tools
· Support documentation, incl. asset and configuration management;
· Service Requests
· Providing and developing reporting packs
· Providing input to the development of a modern automated integration platform and defining best practice and standards;
· Testing platforms and products to ensure performance and reliability;
· Licence management
· Availability and capacity management
· Championing and mentoring colleagues
· Support HMRC strategies
· Change and Risk Management
· Small code fixes
· Project support, when required
· Dev/Ops Support within ‘cloud’ environments
· Incident & Problem management
· Usage and support of Cloud based tools within the following areas ;
Scheduling & automation
· Technical skills ; Rabbit MQ, ELK stack, Grafana , AWS products (S3 , EC2 etc)
· Scala , Springboot , Mongo
· Messaging and integration exposure
· Understanding of CI/CD and containerisation
· Working with 3rd parties and suppliers