Delivery Manager - Surface Transport
Capita Network Solutions - Transport for London
Initial 6 month contract with extensions through to the end of 2022
Remote based role however some travel may be required to the London Office post COVID restrictions
In scope of IR35
£253.76 a day via Umbrella OR £224.48 a day via PAYE
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Capita Network Solutions connect people. We design, build, operate and optimise every form of network service - from Internet to WAN, from LAN to Cloud - with the capability to deliver locally, nationally and globally. Our strategic partnerships with major UK telecoms providers mean we can deliver network coverage across the whole UK. We also have a customer engagement team to keep people online, and a cyber security teams to keep people safe online. With our partner business, Capita IT Services, we're able to offer an exceptional, scalable range of capabilities - be it within a company's own network or in the cloud; consultancy or implementation; managed service or full business outsource.
Working within the wider Project Controls Function, across the Surface Transport program the purpose of the role is to provide support and day to day management in the delivery of circa 5000 circuit instillations across the transport network. This role is critical to the successful delivery of the program.
* Day-to-day management of the delivery of telecom circuit orders for new installations, and then managing the end-to-end service enablement processes (field engineering, Capita operations, supplier communications, customer communications) within agreed SLA's. This includes but is not limited to;
o Working as part of a customer delivery team, taking responsibility for delivery performance of your section of the customer network roll-out plan
o Ensuring accurate and complete information is provided to the circuit carriers to allow the orders to be placed without delay, and any exceptions are dealt with promptly
o Taking ownership of the delivery tracker to ensure data integrity is maintained, all updates on progress are captured as they are received and daily reporting in made available
o Work with the scheduler, provisioning engineers and service teams to manage and optimise the delivery/roll out schedule
o Managing planned site access to 3rd party engineers
o Liaising with supplier and service colleagues to proactively resolve failed site visits, escalations, and exceptions within agreed SLA's
o Providing updates on order requests as required
o Document and record management
o Reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
* Continual input to the review of processes to ensure these remain fit for purpose in a changing environment
* Utilise stakeholder management skills to ensure colleagues are following appropriate governance and processes.
* Ad-hoc tasks as an when required to support the Programme Manager
Desired Skills & experience
* Circuit order management experience in a telecommunications environment is essential
* A good understanding of the process steps that take a telecom circuit (typically from Openreach) to a provisioned service that is accepted into Live operation by the customer and operational teams
* Intermediate to advanced Excel and SharePoint skills are essential
* Strong communicator (written and oral)
* Independent thinker who can take initiative
* Flexibility in working hours (occasional weekend working, early starts and evenings as needed) is required to meet client needs and to maintain delivery momentum. However, the objective is to perform most of the work during normal working hours
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.