HMRC is looking for a Senior Data Analyst - Contract
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract INSIDE IR35
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Telford or Bristol. If you were commutable to that office it would help in the future.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst, working on the end to end integration design from inception to delivery.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work with cross-functional agile teams to support to the design, delivery and iteration of key HMRC digital integration products. You will play a critical role collecting, organising and studing data, providing business insight that will underpin future development of software functionality.
In this role, you will develop performance measurement frameworks - key performance indicators (KPIs), goals, user needs and benefits - and analyse the performance of a service or product against these, adapting your approach and framework appropriately and in line with any changes.
· Working with a broad range of business partners (including at senior level) to collect, organise, study and present insight within an Agile development environment
· Proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team’s plans and objectives are achieved.
· Working with backlog and defect tracking tools such as JIRA.
· Identifying and analysing problems, risks and issues that may affect the successful adoption of the service.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrable experience applying analytical techniques to present a solution.
· Communication skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills and understand how to share insights with stakeholders.
· Data management. Expert knowledge of data sources, data organisation and storage.
· Data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment skills. Strong understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and can develop knowledge of data cleansing and standardisation.
· Data visualisation. Capability to interpret requirements and present data in a clear and compelling way, using graphical representations and data visualisations.
· Logical and creative thinking skills. Strong approach to problem solving, applying logic and creativity.
· Project management skills. Demonstrable experience working with stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings.
· Proven IT and mathematical skills.
· Quality assurance, validation and data linkage abilities. Ability to conduct data quality assurance, validation and linkage.
· Statistical methods and data analysis skills. Deep understanding of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques.