Being a Web Developer at Coast Digital isn’t the usual agency role.
We give our clients an experience when we deliver our projects and you are central to that. They’ll know who you are, you’ll be part of workshops and stand-ups with both the client directly as well as our Strategy team. During the early stages of a project you’ll be given opportunities to voice opinions, influence the development and see the project take shape. We’re a team and want to share our expertise with each other and our clients. You’ll be part of that.
It goes without saying the role involves hands on development work, it also involves direct client engagement at the right times during a project. We pride ourselves on organisation and planning, we want you to excel not burn out. Giving people the time and space to do their jobs brilliantly has paid dividends and it makes those times when we do need to really commit to a deadline the exception. We want to make the process of producing great work easy, our focus should be on the tasks we’re undertaking, not difficulties with process we follow.
Skills & competencies required
- WordPress development experience – (essential)
- Detailed and practical knowledge of PHP and MySQL – (essential)
- Experience with Git version control – (essential)
- Comfortable using command line build tools (eg, Gulp, Webpack) – (essential)
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs (essential)
- Experience in an online design and build department – (essential)
- Experience of troubleshooting in an online environment – (essential)
- Experience in building and maintaining Laravel applications– (preferred)
- Some knowledge of Drupal or a desire to learn more about the CMS – (preferred)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines – (preferred)
- Experience in the production of project documentation (technical specifications, functional specifications) – (preferred)
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of hands on web development works. This includes and is not limited to the following tasks:
- Build and delivery of bespoke websites and web applications.
- Fixing bugs or attending to issues raised by clients on an ad hoc basis.
- Understanding principles of Quality Assurance and web development best practice.
- Responsible for face-to-face client communication. This includes and is not limited to the following tasks:
- Attend meetings when required (technical demonstrations, training, etc).
- Telephone support and technical troubleshooting.
- Responsible for providing technical consultancy to Coast Digital and its clients. This includes and is not limited to the following tasks:
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments and industry trends.
- Technical consultancy in support of the writing of technical specification documents.
- Providing sales and project management support.
- Maintain personal utilisation at a minimum of the company wide target.
- Continually look at ways to improve the efficiency and productivity within the Design and Build team.
Working from home during the coronavirus pandemic
Coast Digital is a practical and flexible employer. Until the government announces that is it safe to return to our workplaces, our operations will be conducted on a working-from-home basis.
Under normal circumstances, you will be based at the Company’s offices at:
6 Beacon End Courtyard,
Essex CO3 ONU
or any other place of business of the Company within the United Kingdom as the Company may require. You may also be required to undertake such travelling away from the Company’s premises as your duties may necessitate.
As a freelance or fixed term contract employee you can look forward to receiving the following:
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible start time (7:45am – 16:30pm or 8:45am – 17:30pm).
- An early finish on Fridays – 15:30pm.
- Contributory pension scheme 3%.