The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining interfaces between the BSS solution and 3rd party systems.
Business engagement with the customer and third party vendors. Ability to act semi-autonomously to identify technical stakeholders and SMEs in the customer organisation and in third-party vendor organisations.
End-to-end business solution architecture. Understanding the end-to-end business and operational processes and the mapping from those processes to the supporting platforms, applications and interfaces.
Integration context analysis and scope definition.
Ability to review wider process and application landscape and to identify process, application and interface scope of the required solution. Ability to identify and communicate all aspects of the required solution, including functional scope, non-functional requirements, volumetrics and product roadmap alignment.
Review functional specifications and configuration definitions for integration purposes. Understand functional requirements space and ensure alignment of integration solution. Review detailed configuration specifications and ensure alignment with detailed interface specification.
Support Test function to ensure successful delivery of the integrated solution. Support Test team in understanding the integrated solution. Review test case list to ensure alignment of integration test approach and plan with the scope of the integrated solution. Ensure solution risk areas are adequately addressed by the test plan.
Support Technical Architecture function to ensure alignment of physical architecture with the integration solution. Support the Technical Architecture team in understanding the scope and volumetric of the integrated solution. Review the technical architecture to ensure all protocols, volumetric and non-functional requirements are addressed.
Support matrix reporting structure across Architecture and 3rd Party Management teams. Take technical direction from the lead Solution Architects as well as taking project management direction from 3rd Party Integration management.
Note that this position will require extensive time working at the customer site.
* Knowledge of Huawei BSS solutions are highly desirable.
* Knowledge of best industry practices in requirements gathering and solution architecture.
* Ability to manage customer workshops.
* Ability to manage and control customer expectations focusing on minimizing customisation.
* Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries, and operate successfully in an intense business environment.
* Ability to work with customers, internal business unit organizations, and third party vendors.
* Ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure of tense/confrontational situations.
* Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult customers and/or situations.
* Ability to provide concise and clear, written and verbal reports.
* Ability to present technical information to audiences with a wide range of technical knowledge.
* Ability to work independently.
* Fluent communication in English.
* Knowledge of eTom and ITIL is desirable.
* Proven Business architecture experience within major BSS integration projects
* Diploma, degree or above in a relevant technical discipline.