At CovÃ©a Insurance we want to enable people to live the life that matters most to them by providing services that go beyond claims. Unlike other insurance companies who step in only when things go wrong, we are developing technologies that will help our customers stop the worst from happening by
integrating seamlessly into the lives, helping them avoid the need to claim, and making it simple and easy if they do.
Our digital purpose is to create a world class insurance as a service product that our customers love and delivers our business goals. Our digital team exists to enable CovÃ©a Insurance to disrupt the insurance sector, to change how insurance is done. We strive to provide the insurtech solutions our business needs to provide the best customer experience, to ensure we offer services beyond insurance.
Our culture and values are what makes us CovÃ©a Insurance; the way we collaborate, the passion we have for what we do and how we do it. Success is shared, failure is learned from, new ideas are built on.
In our digital team life is varied, fast paced and focused on delivery. We enjoy what we do and that passion shows, we’re a team that plays together as well as working. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us, to help create products and services which disrupt the insurance sector and deliver insurtech which changes how insurance is done.
If you’re wanting to take your skills and expertise to the next level, we could be just the opportunity you’re looking forâ€¦
What would you be responsible for in this role?
• Work alongside the backup and recovery specialist to deliver robust manageable service.
• Work alongside the Business Continuity teams to test and deliver a robust, secure and high performing recovery plan.
• Assist with the Microsoft Patching cycle for the Server Infrastructure
• Assist the software, firmware and patching of all Infrastructure devices.
• Assist and resolve vulnerabilities detected by our internal Information Security team.
• Lead infrastructure or technical projects; deliver to agreed cost / quality / timeframes
• Will work with project teams on medium to high complexity / size / scope
• Work with other project team members to ensure consistency and commonality in technology standards.
• Serve as third level of contact for complex end user and server support issues for internal or external customers
• Serve as a technical expert to less experienced staff
• Monitor markets, trends and evolving technology and identify opportunities of future value to the department or company
• Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to your skills and experience
What would we like to see in you?
Covea are looking for candidates with both technical and business focussed skills to help with delivery of the technical roadmap. The ideal candidate should be technically capable in a range of infrastructure technologies and have experience with project and BAU work. You should be experienced with the design, configuration and support of Windows Server, Active Directory, VMware, SCCM, Storage and hardware and can feed long term issues into project roadmaps. You should also have a proven track record of working with project managers and procurement on defining requirements and selecting technology choices from the market. We are especially keen to hear from candidates who logical, focussed and plan effectively to deliver right first time.
Previous demonstrable knowledge and experience to a high standard of working with:
Windows Server technologies
Backup and Recovery procedures
Patch cycles and the importance of maintaining a secure environments
VMware and storage
Produce solutions to issues and problems that are unique and bespoke
Can act as a mentor to junior, less experienced staff
Able to deliver results – a self-starter and a finisher
Qualifications preferred but not essential:
Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
Microsoft MCSA MCSE
We are looking to hire someone on an initial 3 month contract.
The role falls outside of IR35.