Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of civil service roles.
Our ideal candidate thrives on making an impact and delivering results. The role requires a self-starter that can hit the ground running, is decisive, and an excellent problem solver who can think on their feet bringing together the right people to navigate a path to a solution. You will need to build a clear picture of operational processes and systems not only within your delivery unit, but also how this integrates into the wider end to end service. You will partner with a wide set of stakeholders to build you understanding and develop insights, but in particular with the data and analytics team, who will support the implementation and operationalising of your requirements.
You 'll build up expert knowledge of the delivery unit’s operations and stakeholders in order to develop clear reporting dashboards and increase understanding and visibility of operational performance.
(a) understanding the key drivers for operational performance within your delivery unit, refining existing and developing metrics to feed in to end to end reporting dashboards
(b) developing hypotheses to proactively initiate “deep-dive” analyses into performance, as well as responding to commissions from leadership
(c) maintaining visibility of change across the service, and providing insight into how changes are impacting service and ensuring that reporting represents the end to end business process
(d) working with the broader Service Operations Centre team to understand the impact of incidents and operational issues on performance
Your focus will be on primarily one delivery unit, working to:
- Develop and interpret metrics and reporting dashboards in order to communicate performance across departments and seniority levels providing a clear narrative and analysis
- Ensure consistency of reporting across the organisation, ensuring alignment of measures with delivery units’ internal reporting and externally reported statistics
- Respond quickly to change to maintain clear visibility of performance in a rapidly evolving organisation
- Participate in the change management process, to ensure that due consideration is given to impacts across the end to end operation
- Identify, collate and recognise operational inefficiencies across the end to end process and feed these insights into the appropriate delivery unit to be taken forward
- Respond to commissions for in-depth analysis into a subject area, providing direction to analytical colleagues
Candidates would ideally have experience in one or more of the following fields; operations management, operations development, process improvement, continuous improvement. You’ll have strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data, as well as competency with Excel and Power BI applications. Candidates from Retail branch/operational/supply chain or bank sector background will be considered.