Digital Head of Technology Delivery (Inside IR35) (SC Clearance required)
The Head of Role (HoR) for Technology Delivery is responsible for developing and articulating the vision for the Technology Delivery job. Defining expected delivery outputs and standards. These roles in Delivery require capability needed to manage the delivery of complex high profile projects as Technology programmes transforms to a digital agenda. Working across the professional community, the Head of Role will ensure consistent strategic direction for the profession and set this future vision for all levels of the organisation, aligned to the Technology KPIs and individual performance measures agreed. This includes defining the requirements (capacity and capability) needed now and in the future. The Head of Role is responsible for the growth of professional capability by determining the approach to developing the roles and function.
This is a key role within the Technology Function and is fundamental to building and maintaining our continued success. The post has direct line management responsibility for 3 posts but is responsible for steering all the practice leads within DS&T (Business Analysis, Solutions Architecture, Data Architecture, Software Engineering, Test Engineering, Enterprise Architecture).
Focusing on our core values, this role is imperative to ensure support and encouragement of the teams/wider office and leads on the multi-functional and collaborative approach between DS&T teams and the wider organisation. Without this role there will be a degradation in the internal delivery ability and the effectiveness of the Technology Function.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As Digital Head of Technology Delivery, you will:
· An active SC clearance
· Good understanding of GDS phases
· Good understanding of DevOps
· Solid understanding of digital and data transformation in government and wider sectors
· Experience of delivering complex, multi-faceted programmes
· An evangelist for agile and in-depth experience of working with and leading agile teams (including Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery)
· Solid experience of cloud working
· Experience of building, leading and managing successful multi-disciplinary teams
· A solid belief in smarter ways of working and a demonstrated ability of working in the open
· Demonstrated evidence of an elevated level of emotional intelligence and behavioural understanding with the ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology teams
· Experience of working in a matrix management structure and experience of the value it can bring