Senior Data Scientist – ML, SQL, Agile
Duration: 6 weeks (starting 8th March)
Rate: £660 Umbrella
Location: Brentford (remote working for full duration)
GSK are looking for a Senior Data Scientist, who will be required to take a lead on the European flu tracking project. GSK produces a number of over the counter products aimed at flu and flu like symptom relief. The aim of the project is to better understand flu and flu like illnesses in GSKs European markets with an aim to develop a tracking and prediction modelling solution. The end solution will be an easily understandable metric suitable for internal stakeholder and external consumers to understand the situation where they are. 2 specific countries have been defined as POC countries with a view to scaling across Europe. The model must be developed with the aim to productionise with the support of internal support.
You will be working with our Principal Data Scientist for Research and Development
• Contribute to all aspects of the Data Science Project Lifecycle from scope through to production
• Provide leadership and guidance on monitoring ongoing data quality and model performance
• Own and define the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals
• Compile, integrate, and analyse data from multiple sources to answer business questions
• Can conceptualize, formulate, prototype and implement algorithms to solve business problems
• Proven extensive experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms on large data sets for time series analysis and predictions.
• Be an expert in mining large & very complex data sets using SQL, Hadoop, NoSQL and Spark.
• Have in depth understanding of statistical modelling techniques and the mathematical foundations of applied ML and AI algorithms and models
• Have a good working knowledge cloud based data science frameworks and toolkits.
• Are experienced in Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
• Have a deep knowledge of a sufficiently broad area of technical specialism (e.g. Machine Learning, Optimisation, Applied Mathematics, Simulation, Bayesian Methods etc.), and are a valued and trusted expert
• Have a practical understanding of machine learning, Deep Learning and natural language understanding/processing
• Experience building large scale machine learning systems
• Experience with Cuda, pyTorch or TensorFlow.