1. To manage the implementation of information systems projects and tasks associated with the Princes logistics functions.
2. To advise senior management in IT and other functions about systems development and support
3. To analyse business system requirements and to configure and implement systems which meet those requirements.
1. Access to confidential information.
2. External contact with partnering consultants, support personnel and similar suppliers of technical expertise, internal contact at all levels
3. Management of projects to the value of £100k
4. Management of project teams consisting of 3rd party, IT & business personnel.
5. Specific responsibility for working with the Logistics and Supply Chain function to analyse, advise, deliver and monitor relevant technology, processes, information systems and controls
1. Management and participation within projects
The Business Analyst (BA) will participate in and occasionally manage projects approved for the implementation or improvement of systems for either wholly or for elements of a larger project managed overall by the Business Systems Manager or Senior Business Analyst.
During projects the BA will be responsible for reporting progress to the Solution Architect, including raising issues likely to threaten the implementation plan and an analysis of current and planned costs.
Finally, the BA must contribute to the transition of any support to the Service Desk and be able to liaise and support the functional area as required. This may occasionally be required outside normal office hours.
The Business Analyst is an important part of the liaison between the Logitics function and IT, for the understanding and use of information systems. As such the BA must have a thorough and up to date understanding of the business aspects of these areas.
Additionally the Business Analyst must be able to relate business systems capabilities to the needs of these functions and to ensure that projects are relevant, timely and deliver continuous improvements.
The Business Analyst must have specific expertise in logistics processes. This should include a strong understanding of related core ERP processes and procedures.
The Business Analyst needs to have a detailed understanding of functional and technical aspects of SAP WM including integration with SD, MM. He/she must be able to communicate with business and technical staff at all levels and be sufficiently skilled in the configuration & testing of relevant IT systems.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract