Infrastructure Engineer (Contract) with Servelec
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our business on the 4th January 2021 on a 4-month contract basis to cover Maternity leave.
You must have experience of working with medium to large scale virtualised infrastructure, complex shared storage, disaster recovery strategies, enterprise backup solutions, enterprise monitoring solutions, maintenance and setup of Cisco firewalls including VPNs to be successful for this role.
What you will do:
· Build, configure, administer and supports infrastructure technologies and solutions.
· Responsible for keeping accurate and up to date documentation on tasks and projects you have been working on.
· Able to demonstrate a technical understanding of the infrastructure and help identify causes of issues when they occur.
· Able to investigate problems and asses the severity and prioritise it accordingly.
· Responsible for responding to alerts generated by the enterprise monitoring solution and assigning/completing tasks to return the operational status to normal.
· reacting to alerts raised via the enterprise monitoring solutions, to ensure swift resolution or escalation of any issues that arise
· Executing scheduled maintenance outside of working hours for the hosted environments and infrastructure, making sure always to operate within business OLAs and customer SLAs
· Work with senior members of the team to suggest and recommend improvements to the service and own service issues until they require escalation, or the problem has been resolved. Translate build documents into configuration and management of compute, storage and networking infrastructure.
Essential skills required:
· Track record of working in an infrastructure role or similar
· Cisco Firewalls
· Nimble, EMC or similar
· Good networking skills (TCP/IP)
· Previous exposure to SRM (Site recovery Manager) and Veeam (Backups)
· VMware NSX
· Enterprise block level SANS (Dell compellent and HP nimble)
We are Servelec, and we believe in using technology to deliver better care.
We provide software across health, social care, education and youth services that makes a positive difference to thousands of lives every day.
We help medical practitioners care for patients by creating technology that saves time, reduces paperwork and minimises risks. Our education solutions help local authorities; schools and other providers support families more effectively. We help social workers by giving them access to all their case management information in one simple online portal. And we create systems that help Youth Services teams improve the way they support vulnerable young people.
Our products help care providers free up time and money so they can concentrate on what they do best: providing better care and delivering better outcomes. We call this Digital Care. Find out more at www.servelec.co.uk .
What will you get in return?
Our benefits include; a day rate of up to £250, flexibility to fit working hours around your lifestyle with our flexible working hours and ability to work remotely.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
|Together for Digital Care|
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £200.00-£250.00 per day
Flexible Working Options Available: