About the role
Abcam is looking for a Senior UX Designer (Contractor) to lead on delivering intuitive, customer focused e-commerce experiences across desktop and mobile. Working in partnership with our Lead Production Designer, UX Researcher and Subject Matter Experts, you be working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, delivering value across agile sprints.
As a member of the Abcam Digital Product Team, you'll be in good company working alongside a multi-disciplinary team with expertise honed at recognized leading brands.
- Experience of implementing research methods; usability testing, user interviews, persona development, card sorting. We're looking for someone who can identify what information the project requires and twin this with appropriate methods and activities
- Ability to design and simplify complex user journeys/ flows
- Experience utilising and translating customer research and feedback
- Ability to lead on UX design (not visual/UI) from flows to wireframes, using collaborative design tools, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to support parallel workstreams that operate in a fast-paced agile environment, whilst understanding the importance of timely delivery
- Proven record designing best practice experiences, using a mix of design capability and collaboration
- Demonstrate brand consistency, working with design systems and aligning design output to global guidelines
- Collaboration on sprint planning, leading on UX priorities and requirements with Product Owners
- Experience empathizing with and representing the user during the design process
- Naturally proactive, identifying and proposing continuous improvement across current and new projects
- Proven experience with facilitation of customer research and User-Centered Design methods. Utilising output to propose solutions that address user pain-points and support key metrics
- Understand the need to balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities
- Good understanding of code and can communicate with developers to convey UX led ideas
- An understanding that the design phase is only part of the process
- Degree in UX Design, Interaction Design or related field
- Working as a Senior UX Designer, on a large ecommerce environment preferred (or similar)
- Excellent communication skills to convey design ideas and requirements
- Experience with Figma, Zeplin, design systems, Sketch or similar
- Experience working with external vendors and/or agencies in an agile environment, whilst understanding the value of an iterative process
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels
We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our UX recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please include a link to your portfolio, prototypes and/or drawings, which reflects a strong understanding of UX research, interaction and the requirements above.