We are looking for a Developer in Test to help us continue to deliver new systems and product enhancements to our clients and to help support, maintain and improve the quality of our existing systems.
Working within a delivery team that form part of one of our key business units, you’ll be responsible for championing quality and addressing the challenges of testing in creative and technical ways. You will also support – and be supported by – a wider QA department. This is a pivotal role within both the delivery team and the wider QA team, that will help deliver high quality software.
Our testers are creative, technically aware, highly skilled and driven towards continuous improvement. You’ll be working in a challenging, fast-paced environment where you’ll be responsible for creating solutions under agile principles.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
- Able to resolve or facilitate the resolution of moderately complex issues in your functional area
- Apply proven experience of automation solutions that can be maintained, supported and extended by the team
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution.
- Design, implement, modify and utilize test harnesses, automated solutions, and tests.
- Transfer knowledge gained through analysis and technical partners with QA teams.
- Value and be a culture ambassador for Kobalt
- Play an active role in promoting Kobalt’s brand by attending and being involved in events and networking
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with high volumes and large quantities of data
- Proven experience of working within frameworks (e.g. Cucumber, Fitnesse, etc)
- Key experience being a contributor within an Agile development environment
- Version control Systems
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- Working knowledge of continuous integration servers (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc).
- Good knowledge of compatibility testing and advanced web browser features
- Have experience of transferring knowledge and mentoring graduates and more junior team members
- Understanding of scalability, and implementation constraints.
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation