We’re looking for an experienced QA professional who will carry out testing on our games to ensure they meet our high quality standard and make sure all our ‘Little People’ and the worlds they inhabit are behaving like they should!
About the job
Your main responsibility as a QA Tester will be to carry out thorough and accurate testing on our games to ensure their high quality and make sure all our ‘Little People’ and the worlds they inhabit are behaving correctly. You will need to carry out testing on a variety of platforms including various PC and desktop formats, as well as current and next generation consoles. If you aren’t already familiar with Two Point Hospital, you’ll get to play it a lot now, testing new and old content, as well as carrying out testing on brand new projects as they are developed! Our simulated worlds have depth to them, in both content and mechanics, and you’ll need to be familiar with both elements to carry out insightful and effective destructive testing, as well as following our detailed test plans to give Two Point projects the thorough testing they deserve! Ideal candidates will have good communication skills, solid work ethic and a positive, friendly attitude.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Working closely with the QA Lead and Senior QA to ensure that workloads are completed within deadlines and to a high standard.
● Carrying out test plans and other structured testing.
● Conducting destructive and exploratory testing to identify new issues and pinpoint their causality.
● Communicating and coordinating with internal and external testing teams, both in the UK and abroad.
● Entering issues into our database with appropriate supporting evidence and descriptive detail.
● Taking responsibility for your issues from entry to resolution, monitoring them for requests from the development team and responding to comments or questions appropriately
● Reporting critical issues, test results and task progress to the QA Lead.
● Working with the rest of the studio to release the highest quality content possible within deadlines
The ideal candidate would have:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● 1-2 years experience in a QA role, preferably in a development studio.
● Previous experience testing on Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch platforms, and using associated target management and SDK software.
● Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
● Ability to follow set processes and maintain standards.
● A proactive and inventive approach to destructive/unstructured testing.
● Experience in executing test plans and carrying out effective targeted exploratory testing.
● Experience playing a variety of games including the Management/Simulation genre of games.
● A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
● Experience playing Two Point Hospital
● Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
● Experience using Jira and other database and project management software (Trello, Confluence etc)
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills