PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CONTRACT ROLE
The Service Delivery Manager (Change) will be an experienced Service Delivery Manager with a broad knowledge and experience of all related service management capabilities but with a primary focus on Change Management.They will work with business and IT process owners and stakeholders to ensure effective change planning and management is embedded across the Group Finance business, driving change related incidents down and reducing impact to business service and operations.
Change Process - Ensure change management process is clearly communicated, understood and adhered by Group Finance stakeholders. Work with process owners to identify issues and improvements where applicable
Change Planning - Maintain oversight of Group Finance changes to ensure they are planned effectively and change owners have considered all requirements to ensure a safe delivery
Change Testing - Ensuring changes have adequate test and back out plans to minimize rate of failed change and impact to business operations
Change Meetings - Attend Daily, Weekly and Emergency Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to identify and validate all Group Finance impacting changes.
Change Communication - Define and implement effective communication strategy in order to communicate changes to the appropriate audience at the right time.
Business Operations - Understand various business operational processes and key events or dates to ensure they are clearly represented in change planning, scheduling and conflict management
Demand Pipeline - Maintain oversight of the Forward Schedule of Change and provide details of key Group Finance project deliveries to allow cross business view
Conflict Management - Ensure change conflicts are identified early and managed to effective resolution considering risks, impact and change drivers.
Change Quality - Ensure that change owners are creating good quality change records with all appropriate details required to deliver successful change
Change Process Interfaces - Collaborate with change process interface stakeholders such as Release, Incident, Problem, Service Transition, Operations and Delivery Management to identify trends and improvement initiatives
Management Information - Define and implement an effective and meaningful MI strategy that will provide senior stakeholders the ability to make informed decisions
Service Delivery - Assist the Head of Service Delivery to improve service capability maturity levels across Group Finance IT
● ITIL Practitioner qualification in Change Management and/or has equivalent experience and held one or more ITIL process leadership roles including Change Management
● ITIL qualification and/or equivalent experience in other lifecycles or practices desirable
Knowlege and experience
● Experience in a Change Management lead or manager role in banking, finance or other regulated environment
● Experience of embedding a Change Management process within a department
● An appreciation of service design and transition processes and how they interface to change management
● Experience of managing both Business and IT stakeholders, understanding their different needs
● Effective conflict resolution experience applying appropriate levels of guidance to agree mutually acceptable outcomes
● Good understanding of security and technical architecture principles.
● Proven track record of establishing an ITIL based service management process and embedding best practice processes and controls
● Experience of managing third party vendors and service providers
● Experience of managing key customer relationships● Experience in planning and responding to audits
● Experience using Service Management tools (preferably ServiceNow)
● Knowledge of release and configuration management processes and their interface to change.
● Experience using Office 365 applications. MS Sharepoint experience an advantageKnowledge of working practices within the life assurance industry or wider finance industry.
- A strong ability to confidently and proactively manage senior and influential stakeholders ●
- A strong ability to drive groups of people with conflicting requirements through to consensual decisions and outcome
- A strong ability to communicate complex subjects clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing using appropriate (non-technical) language to stakeholders at all levels
- Independent and able to work effectively with minimal supervision to predefined timelines ●
- Quality and delivery focused Confident, proactive and highly organized.