Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York with its European head office in London and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Jefferies provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalisation.
Regulatory IT team develops and supports applications required to ensure regulatory compliance. Compliance rules and business areas covered include: FCA capital adequacy (counterparty risk, market risk, large exposures), Liquidity risk, Client Money, MiFID II Transaction Reporting, US regulatory reporting (15c3-1) and Global Shareholding and Short Sell monitoring. Significant regulation changes drive large projects but on a day to day basis, the team enhances the existing platforms to support business growth and improve reporting capabilities, accuracy and transparency.
Events over the last few years have increased regulatory scrutiny and IT investment. The upcoming Investment Firm Review and Directive along with Brexit mean that we need to add to our existing IT Team for the associated implementation work.
For someone already familiar with Regulatory Reporting business and Technology, either in Axiom or another platform.
The candidate will be part of the existing development team based in London. He/she is expected to build on their technical knowledge in existing platforms and technologies and business knowledge in products / risk calculations / regulatory requirements.
The role is initially for the Investment Firm Review project with the integration of Axiom's new calculations for IFR for Jefferies' EU and UK businesses. This will involve discussions with the business on the population of datapoints and any customisations specific to Jefferies.
Ultimately, the candidate will participate in all phases (requirements gathering to deployment) of the project.
The key responsibilities are:
- Requirements gathering for the project and interface with Finance users
- Develop, Unit Test and support the User Acceptance phase.
- Develop business and technical skills in Regulatory compliance calculations and reporting
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
● Linux or Unix background with experience in Shell Scripting and use of command line tools. High level script language experience and Python 2 or 3 preferable and candidate should be comfortable in a Unix terminal environment.
• Desirable skills may include;
● ETL experience in tools such as Informatica or Ab-Initio etc.
● Web technologies such as HTTP, REST, HTML/CSS
● XML, XMLSchema