Project Manager -- Hosting Infrastructure
Remote / Brentford
Up to £550 per day via umbrella
3 month initial contract
GSK is undertaking a large and complex programme to separate its consumer business into a separate entity. This programme with create a standalone company that will be one of the largest Consumer Healthcare companies in the world containing many well-known and trusted brands.
One of the most complex parts of this programme is separating the IT infrastructure and how it is maintained and supported from the rest of the GSK IT landscape. The role being offered is for a seasoned Project Manager to work alongside the Programme Manager and the Infrastructure team to create project plans for the implementation of the Identity Management (IDAM) products and processes including active directory for the new company ("NewCo").
The role will be expected to work in a fast-pace environment with high degrees of ambiguity arising from a period of significant change.
• Lead the hands-on delivery and project management of projects in the Identity Access Management workstream towards achieving target outcomes and benefits/value, in line with agreed expectations around scope, timing, budget & quality
• Provide proactive management of initiative scope, plans, risks, issues, dependencies and benefits in line with agreed standards set by the PMO.
• Provide high levels of assurance, transparency as well as accurate and timely MI to the Programme Manager and Delivery Lead.
• Candidates must be experienced in working in technology and specifically in the IT infrastructure space.
• Projects will run at an aggressive rate, the candidate must be able to operate in a high-pressure environment where deployment milestones must be met
• Should be experienced in running large projects with complex requirements.
• Must understand both agile and waterfall project management
• Some travel may be required
• Must be "self-starting" able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve targets.
• Translates initiative objectives into actionable implementation plans. Owns the detailed end-to-end plans across all relevant initiatives, providing coverage across detailed design, and key delivery milestones.
• Manages dependencies between initiatives and broader workstream transformation activity and surfaces these to PMO and Programme Manager
• Leads key project management activities for relevant initiatives, including: plan management, tracking and reporting of delivery progress/status; identification, evaluation and resolution of risks, issues, dependencies; tracking, development and assurance of initiative deliverables
• Provides end-to-end oversight of plan across all in-scope infrastructure deliverables
• Leads the resolution of issues/problems by bringing together experts to drive consensus on the way forward with a â€˜Can-do’ attitude
• Identify, engage and manage relevant stakeholders. Manage delivery interactions with key workstreams
• Adheres to workstream governance requirements and standards set by the Programme Manager / PMO. Represents the initiatives at Workstream meetings and leads any initiative-specific delivery/governance meetings
• Provides ongoing clarity, transparency and assurance to the Workstream PMO on status/progress, plans, risks, dependencies, quality and escalations.
Target Capability Profile:
High performers with demonstrable track record of project delivery and impact. Strong project management capability / technical expertise – demonstrable success in managing project delivery within key strategic programmes within GSK or other global highly matrixed companies.
Demonstrated success managing technical/infrastructure projects using Agile (SAFe) delivery and Kanban methodologies. Project Manager and Scrum Master experience preferred.
Confident, proactive self-starters, comfortable in managing / engaging others and in dealing with and navigating ambiguity or shifting context. Primarily execution focused but works to understand broader strategic context and ensure strategic alignment.
A consulting-type skillset / mindset - strong influencing/relationship-building, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills, supported by strong EQ and learning agility. Ideally experience or subject matter knowledge of the function in question and / or key transformation levers (e.g. process re-design; offshoring / outsourcing; automation).
If you match these requirements, please apply as usual. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action it and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly. Elevate provides a route to contract and contingent assignments across many skills areas by matching your profile to relevant jobs that our customers post to the platform.
Please note that Elevate Direct is a software provider and not a recruitment agency. As such, Elevate is not involved in the recruitment processes for any employer, who uses the platform. Please contact employers directly through your Elevate profile with any queries related to your application.