Business Case Delivery Manager
Summary of the work:Requirement for a Delivery Manager with a strong focus on Business Case writing to prepare two robust and succinct programme business cases, in order to justify these investments and ensure they are worthwhile, affordable, achievable and deliver value for money for the tax payer.
Start date: 20/07/2020 For 12 months with the potential for extension
Security Clearance: The specialist will have to be willing to undergo Security Clearance (SC)
What the Specialist will work on:
• Identify the evidence and supporting information needed to support a robust case for two separate programmes of varying size and complexity.
• Lead the planning, development and drafting of both business cases in accordance with HM Treasury guidelines, to tight deadlines, establishing robust, convincing and compelling arguments that lead from evidence to informed recommendations.
• Build and manage an expert team to support the development of the business cases in the following possible areas;
- Modelling for Economic and Finance Cases
- Identification and valuation of benefits
- Benefits Realisation Plan (BRP)
• Challenging expert input in a constructive manner
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to work with them to anticipate and mitigate issues and delays to the delivery of the programme and or Business Case
• Manage the approvals process through the Home Office PIC Board and HM Treasury
Working arrangements: Home based during Covid 19 restrictions. A typical working day is 9am-5pm, however working outside of these hours may be required due to business/project need. The role requires flexibility as individuals may be required to work at any of the Customer premises and/or at supplier sites.
The role is outside of IR35
The specialist will be required to write 100 word answers for each of the essential and nice-to-have skills.
The candidate’s essential skills and experience;
·Ability to work independently and as part of a team
·Ability to support others and work towards a common goal
·A â€˜can do’ attitude especially in the delivery of outputs for set deadlines
·Resilient, positive and easy to work with