· Work with team of analysts responsible for relationships with fund managers, product teams, client services, and other internal clients of Performance Services.
· Communicate regularly and directly with product managers, fund managers and client services, and respond to ad hoc requests and queries on an accurate & timely basis
· Develop a good understanding of Multi Asset and LDI investment strategies, derivative instruments and subsequent attribution requirements
· Ensure that performance and attribution is calculated and reported in accordance with procedures and controls and delivered within agreed service levels
· Provide performance attribution and analysis where it is not automated within Bi-Sam B-One.
· Quality assurance of output from performance systems and resolution of issues including escalation to other team members
· Ensure that the Performance Services team is able to provide performance analysis and reporting for all products and instruments managed by Schroders; work with the wider team to define and implement performance reporting for new products and to enhance offerings for existing complex products.
· Work with peers in team to define and implement enhancements to process and service delivery.
· Take ownership for individual projects and process improvements.
· Ensure that queries received by the team are understood clearly and resolved to a high standard of quality
· Manage day to day relationship with key internal clients
· Take personal initiative to implement enhancements or changes to service and process based on Bi-Sam functionality and other core applications
· Maintain and update procedure notes covering management performance reporting and related functions
· Take responsibility for sharing knowledge with other team members, providing training and support to more junior members of the team
· Results oriented; a focus on quality of delivery
· Enthusiastic, self-starting with a positive outlook
· Enjoys challenges from other business areas
· Creative approach to problem solving
· Good communication skills, written and verbal, within and outside the team
· Team player who is committed to the success of the function within Schroders
· Ensures team and self are client focussed, providing support to others when required
· Takes the lead in identifying and delivering improvements to processes
· Well presented and professional; an example to others
Experience and Skills:
· Demonstrate strong technical understanding of performance, GIPS composites, attribution methodologies and ex-post risk statistics.
· Experience of responding to issues and queries raised by senior internal clients
· Demonstrate ability to deliver to tight deadlines and prioritise conflicting requirements
· Demonstrate understanding and experience of different financial instruments and asset classes.
· Experience of influencing and interacting with other teams
· Experience of performance reporting for a broad range of investment products including pooled and segregated assets.
· Proficient in Excel. Experience with Word, Powerpoint, Visual Basic, Access and SQL advantageous.
· Previous experience in projects advantageous.
· 3+ years experience in the area of performance measurement and analysis