As a Senior Contract Software Engineer in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for developing high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow as you, in turn, mentor those around you.
· Experience of applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance
· Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
· Experience of design and development across multiple layers of an application
· Mentoring junior team members
· Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
· Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
· Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
· Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non-technical audiences
· Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
· Experience of balancing technical decisions with user needs and commercial constraints
· Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
Who you are
· Determined – you’re flexible and overcome obstacles to get the job done to achieve personal and team goals.
· Creative – you actively look for better ways to do things using your imagination to find fresh solutions to complex problems
· Honest – always constructive when giving or receiving feedback, being transparent and truthful when dealing with others
· Respectful – you treat others as you would like to be treated being encouraging, accepting and supportive to everyone you deal with
· Cooperative – you share information, knowledge and experience, understanding the mutual benefits of team working