Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 6 months initially, we expect this to extend
Working Pattern: Portsmouth primarily, with occasional remote working, and occasional travel to our Birmingham or London office
Our client is a leading supplier of data within a niche sector. They have created a suite of systems to deliver essential insights and analytics across the entire sector to improve all areas from compliance to productivity. BlackCat 's engagement centres around the creation of a supply chain solution.
- Ensure the smooth running of the teams under your care;
- Understand and manage dependencies between teams;
- Provide servant leadership to facilitate, encourage & coach teams to reach high performance;
- Demonstrably embraces the concepts in the agile manifesto;
- Support, and to some extent, drive the transition from system development projects tailored to the customer, to centralised product development/evolution;
- Identify impediments to progress early and put countermeasures in place quickly and efficiently to prevent adverse impact to the outcome of the timebox;
- Assess the health of agile processes and the team 's environment; report status upwards and consider and consult on any remediations that may be required;
- Liaise with the Engagement Manager and other Delivery Managers to report status;
- Liaise with key customer stakeholders as necessary;
- Drive the client, if necessary to prepare and curate backlog items so that they are ready to be refined just-in-time for the timeboxes;
- Be the operational representative of BlackCat to the client, projecting an image that aligns with our culture and values (openness, collaboration, integrity)
- Ensure the smooth running of SCRUM processes, directly taking roles such as SCRUM master if necessary.
BlackCat are on a mission to provide expert software development services that our customers can rely on, enabling them to deliver their strategic business goals. We provide total product development for the UK 's largest innovators in GRC, Finance, Publishing, Engineering and more.
BlackCat were established in 2012 with the aim to be a leading Software House in the UK. Since then, we have grown to over 100 employees, and are extremely proud of the culture we have created.
Our technical community is at the heart of what we do - we love using new technologies whenever we can, and we thrive on looking at innovative ways to solve the challenges we face. We host and attend a variety of meet ups, and encourage employees to develop new skills through conferences, certifications, communities and regular hack days. We ensure that everyone has a voice, everyone 's opinion is welcome, and everyone is proud to work here.
We work with fantastic clients, employ incredible people, and build exciting products in an environment of continuous improvement and learning, driven by respect and collaboration.
Due to the industries in which some of our clients ' work, and in order to comply with their requirements, the offer is also conditional on satisfactory checks in the following areas:
- Disclosure and Barring Service report