THG is one of the world 's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business ' and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Senior Software Engineer in one of the Payments Platform teams, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of features within THGs checkout and payments services. These teams are responsible for handling integrations with major payment providers including PayPal, Apple Pay, Klarna and Alipay. Bringing together technologies such as Kubernetes and Java, you will work both independently and as part of a team to provide highly available services critical to the business.
● Writing high-quality, scalable code including test suites
● Design and evolve new services that can scale for the future
● Solve issues with customer-facing and internal services
● Collaborate with the team, product owners and stakeholders to deliver key projects
What are we looking for?
● A solid knowledge of Java
● Demonstrable knowledge of relational (SQL) and/or NoSQL databases
● Experience designing and building REST based APIs
● Experience integrating with internal and third-party services
● A strong understanding of software development best practices
● Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Other beneficial skills
● Knowledge of Java micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot or Dropwizard
● Expertise in building both internal and consumer-facing APIs
● Previous experience building and deploying large-scale, distributed services
● DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
● Experience in the payments system domain, for example PCI environments
What 's in it for you:
● You'll be joining a growing, young, and intelligent team that will drive business change
● You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you've learnt
● You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
● You'll be able to react to change with backing from the business and you 'll have the opportunity to solve complex problems