Overview of role
Recent developments in the market have driven the need to transition away from IBOR (Interbank Offered Rate) and LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate), to new Alternative Reference Rates (ARR). The financial, operational, legal and conduct risk impacts of these changes will be considerable.
Schroders is currently carrying out this important regulatory change that affects many Financial Services businesses. The industry-led transition will be of significant interest to our clients and other third parties, and we have established a dedicated programme of work to identify and manage the full impact of the change.
We are seeking a dedicated communications expert to support the programme with the planning, development and delivery of communications for both internal and external stakeholders. The opportunity is to be part of a strategically important programme at Schroders to help us successfully embed these far-reaching changes across the business, to engage and inform impacted colleagues, and to equip client-facing teams with effective and carefully calibrated messaging.
We are looking for someone with a strong track-record of communicating regulatory change through projects, including a proven delivery record and commercial acumen. The role will build on and take forward a communications strategy for the programme, working closely with the Corporate Communications team, then drive, manage and execute the key communication aspects of this project. We are looking for a natural relationship builder with excellent stakeholder management skills. They should also understand the need to be consistent with our overall corporate communication culture and standards, while also looking for opportunities to innovate. The ability to work effectively with Legal and Compliance specialists is also essential, to ensure that content has both the necessary approvals, and is clear and accessible for the relevant stakeholders.
This role will be a dedicated Programme and Change Communication expert, based in the Group Change Team and reporting to the Communications Manager, and the Programme Manager.
This role requires an enthusiastic, self-starting team player with a professional and confident manner and strong organisational skills.
* Stakeholder communication and engagement strategy and planning
* A sound understanding of the Investment Management industry or relevant Financial Services environments
* A strong awareness and understanding of the regulatory environment in Financial Services
* The ability to turn complex and often highly-technical information into clear and accessible written communications, suitable for the intended audience
* The ability to plan and draft content that is effective and appropriate for different channels and media
* Strong visual communication literacy, and ability to work with designers and other specialists to prepare communications for a variety of media
* 'Hands-on ' ability to create and deliver high quality communications via email, intranet, presentations, etc.
* Confidence to explore and learn new and unfamiliar communication technology and tools
* Proven organisational and time management skills and ability to work in a time pressured environment
* Excellent command of the English language and ability to write clear, compelling and concise communications, with strong attention to detail
* Schroders manages change using a Scaled Agile planning framework. Experience of delivering in line with Agile would be an advantage, although not essential. Willingness to learn and work within this framework is essential.
* Proven experience of communicating business change and ability to overcome obstacles with a pragmatic approach
* Strong record of leading delivery of regulatory change communications for a variety of stakeholders, both external and internal
* Strong experience of developing, implementing and driving project communications strategies and seeing projects through from inception to completion
* Experience of working with multiple communications channels
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, with experience of influencing at all levels and ability to build strong, trusted relationships and networks across the organisation
* Experience of supporting training strategy - Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training plans
* Experience of working alongside an in-house Communications team and following style guides and brand guidelines
Relationship building within the business is critical to this role, as is the ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner, exercise judgement and to remain calm under pressure.